Wiki
Impressum
Impressum
Logo Karl-May-Verein

Winnetou in Englisch

geschrieben von JennyFlorstedt 
Winnetou in Englisch
13. Dezember 2008 18:13
Ich gebe den Newsletter von Marlies Bugmann mal in voller Länge wieder.

Jenny

=========================================

Dear Friends of Karl May

The concluding year of 2008 has been a year of turbulence, changes and memorable events, as well as many solutions and exciting events.

One such exciting event is the small, but for Karl May significant, world premiere book launch.

In 2008, I became the first author/translator to have translated and produced the entire unabridged Winnetou trilogy from Karl May's last authorised version of 1909; it is the first publishing of the unabridged trilogy as a homogeneous work by a single translator in English (including editing and proof reading, design and formatting, as well as cover art). Winnetou is also, for the first time, printed and distributed in Australia, making it the first tangible connection between Karl May and Australia--this edition is entirely, and proudly, made in Australia.
From Friday 12th December 2008, Karl May's most famous works, Winnetou I, Winnetou II, and Winnetou III, are available, world-wide, from Melbourne, Australia.

WINNETOU I
[www.bookstore.bookpod.com.au]

WINNETOU II

WINNETOU III

In 2008, I published the first English language biography of Karl May (now also available via Amazon.de, and Amazon.co.uk.), as well as the companion volume Inn-Nu-Woh To Merhameh--both now available as thelatest addition to the collection of hard cover editions of my Karl May translations: Karl May: His Story - His Stories. A special edition combining Savage To Saint and Inn-Nu-Woh To Merhameh.

All books are accessible from [www.karl-may-friends.net]

It has also been a year that has forced many to look at life as the fragile gift that it is, like Karl May was forced to do repeatedly, more than one hundred years earlier. Australian Friends of Karl May is not immune from the current global economic crisis; as such (and like all other writers and publishers) we have to weather the storms of change as best we can.

Translations continue, the search for alternative ways of bringing my translations to Karl May's readers continues, exciting feedback from readers of my works continues to arrive: ...

... James Chalmers of Shoreline Film and Theatre in England about Savage To Saint: "What struck me about Carl May's life was that he was like Cervantes - the author of Don Quixote. Cervantes lived his life very much in his imagination and seemed to have difficulty in telling reality from fantasy - which is reflected in the character of Don Quixote - although this hasn't happened in the case of Carl May's characters as far as I can see. Cervantes was in prison and had a hard life - so that's another comparison." Read more: [afkm.homestead.com]

... Will Hutson from Eureka in California about the Complete Winnetou Trilogy hard cover: "What a beautiful book, Thanks! I love the flavor of Winnetou, which is sitting right here next to me as I write this. I've been showing it off to friends and family."

All Karl May translations can be accessed through [www.karl-may-friends.net]

I wish everyone a very safe, festive season, and a prosperous and peaceful 2009.

Marlies Bugmann
Australian Friends of Karl May
In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen